Time to File for City Commission!
Filing for Elected Office
Candidate filing forms are accepted by the Cloud County Election Office now.
Term of Office:
Commissioners serve three year terms. The Mayor is elected from the other governing body members yearly.
Open Positions - 2017 Election:
- Two City Commissioners, positions currently held by Lyle Pounds and Tim Parker.
If required, a primary election will be held on Tuesday, August 1. A primary election will be held for any office for which more than two people have filed. The two top vote getters in the primary election shall move on to the general election.
The general election will be held on Tuesday, November 7.
Filing for office
All candidates for Concordia City Commission must complete the required filing forms at Cloud County Election Office, 811 Washington, Concordia, KS 66901.
Forms that must be completed and submitted include:
- Candidate's Declaration of Intention
- Statement of Substantial Interests for Local Office - to be completed and returned no later than 10 days after filing deadline.
The filing deadline is at noon Tuesday, June 1.
Qualifications to File for Office:
- You must be a citizen of the United States.
- You must be a resident of Concordia at the time of filing for election.
- You must be registered to vote at the time of filing for election.
- If elected, you must continue to reside in the City thereafter for the duration of the term.
There is a nonrefundable $20 filing fee.
Candidates may also file by petition per K.S.A. 25-2110a, Subsection C: Petition signed by 20 qualified electors of the City.