Administration & Human Resources
When and where does the City Commission meet?
  • Every 1st and 3rd Wednesday at 5:30 p.m. in the City Hall Commission Room. The exception is the first meeting in January, which is the 2nd Monday at 5:30 p.m.
A comprehensive list of city codes?
What do I do if I have a complaint?
  • Call City Hall at 243-2670, or fill out the Report a Concern form.
Where do I send my application and/or resume for a job posting?
  • The City Clerk's Office at City Hall, 701 Washington St., Concordia, KS 66901.
What is the city's tax rate?
    *  The city's tax rate is 1%. Combined with the state and county tax, you will pay 8.5% in the city limits.

How can I obtain a copy of an Ordinance or Resolution?
    *  Please contact the City Clerk.

Who do I call about tall weeds or tall grass, trash in yards, abandoned cars, and other nuisances in my neighborhood?
  • Call City Hall at 243-2670 and relay the address to the code enforcement officer.

Police, Animal Control, and Municipal Court
How do I contact the Police if it is not an emergency?
  • Call 243-3131 or stop by the Police Station at 401 W. 6th.
Who is the City Prosecutor?
  • Justin Ferrell. If you need to speak with him, please contact our Municipal Court Clerk, Megan Murdock, at 243-2670.
What happens if I miss a court date?
  • Call the Municipal Court Clerk at 243-2670 for your options.
Where do I pay my tickets/fines?
  • You can pay them online here, send a payment to 701 Washington St, Concordia, KS 66901, or bring the payment to City Hall.
Do I have to license my pets?
  • The only pets the city requires to be licensed are dogs. You can get this tag and license at City Hall.
When can I get my dog license?
  • Tags are free in the month of March. The rest of the year a small fee is assessed. Tags are still required to be purchased after that date if the pet is not yet licensed.
Are any animals banned in the city?
  • Yes, there are several restrictions for what animals are allowed in the city limits. To find a listing, please go to the Citycode website under Chapter 4-Animals.

Street & Park Department
How do I report a pothole in the city streets?
  •  Call City Hall at 243-2670 and relay the address.
To whom do I report street lights outages?
  • Prairieland Electric, 243-1750.

Utilities Department
What are my options for paying my water bill?
  • You can pay them online here, send a payment to 701 Washington St, Concordia, KS 66901, or bring the payment to City Hall.
How can I get my water shut off at the meter?
  • Call the water department at 243-2670 to put in an order to have it shut off. Residents are not allowed to tamper with City-owned water meters.
How do you calculate my water bill?

Building & Zoning
For what would I need a building permit?