Special Purpose Vehicles
Before being operated on any public highway, street, road, or alley within the corporate limits of Concordia, all special purpose vehicles must be registered with the City of Concordia and display a valid City-issued registration sticker and numbered orange flag. You can apply for registration for a special purpose vehicle at the Concordia City Hall, 701 Washington, M-F from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Initial registration will also require valid drivers license and proof of current insurance.
Please see more information on special purpose vehicle regulations in the section below. Contact City Hall at 785-243-2670 with any questions.
- May not be operated on any interstate highway, federal highway, or state highway unless crossing said highway.
- Must be equipped with headlights and brake lights, a rear view and at least one side view mirror.
- Must possess and present a current driver's license.
- Must maintain insurance in the same amounts set forth for motor vehicles in Section (e) of K.S.A. 40-3107.
- All persons in vehicles must wear seatbelts if originally equipped by manufacturer.
- Vehicle must be registered with the City of Concordia, including showing proof of insurance and paying a registration fee.
- May not be operated on any highway, street, road, or alley with a posted speed limit in excess of 30 mph unless crossing said highway, street, road, or alley.
- May not be operated on any sidewalk, jogging path, trail, or any location normally used for pedestrian traffic.
- The number of occupants allowed on a special purpose vehicle shall be limited to the number of seats factory installed. Bench seats shall be limited to three people.